J. Robert Hanlon, Jr. is a member of the firm’s Real Estate & Lending Group, working primarily in the areas of real estate acquisition and development, commercial lending, residential lending, commercial leasing, tax assessment appeals, and municipal zoning. Rob’s residential real estate practice focuses on serving private banking customers of small, mid-size, and large banking institutions. Mr. Hanlon coordinates the firm’s title agencies with several nationally known underwriters conducting closings in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio. Rob has successfully assisted residential and commercial developers in their acquisition efforts, lending requirements, and construction projects.
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and Ohio Bar Associations, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal Services to Persons with Disabilities Committee, Member
- National Civil War Museum (NCWM) in Harrisburg, Board of Directors
- Executive Committee and History & Exhibits Committee, Member
- Advisory Council, Chairperson
- Hidden Valley Resort Community’s Architectural Control Committee
Following completion of his Master’s Degree, Rob was employed for twelve years as a Regional Planner on the staff of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Planning Commission (SPRPC). As a Regional Planner, he was involved in a variety of planning activities including environmental, water quality, transportation, and aviation planning programs, as well as land use and zoning projects. While employed as a Regional Planner on the staff of the SPRPC, Rob also prepared the Airport Zoning Regulations for the 17 public airports in the six-county southwestern Pennsylvania Region.
Rob enjoys golfing, renovating residential investment properties, target shooting, and collecting military weapons. He is licensed by the Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as a “Collector of Curios and Relics.”