Katie Kenyon focuses her practice on complex commercial matters, civil rights litigation, defense of professional malpractice and products liability claims, and employment litigation defense. She has handled litigated real estate matters including lease disputes, tax assessments and appeals, intellectual property, bad faith, and insurance coverage, among other disciplines. She has a broad range of litigation experience through which she has gained executive areas of expertise in strategic case planning, legal/ethical recommendations, personnel management, business planning, and policy guidance. She has a proactive approach to planning workflow, managing resources, and devising strategies with solid decision-making and critical thinking skills. Katie is an appointed Mediator, Arbitrator, and Early Neutral Evaluator with the Western District of Pennsylvania.
- Disciplinary Board of the Supreme Court of Pennsylvania, Hearing Committee Member
- Allegheny County Bar Association
- Elected Member of Judiciary Committee
- Selected Member of Nominating Committee (2016)
- Serve on Ad-Hoc Committees of Women in the Law Division
- Pennsylvania Council of Mediators, Member
- Neighborhood Legal Services Association, President, Board of Directors
- Volunteer attorney and mentor with NLSA’s PFA Program
- Pittsburgh Pro Bono Partnership Administrative Board, Past President
- Coordinator of Criminal Records Expungement Project
- Volunteer attorney with Custody Conciliation and Landlord Tenant Projects
- Allegheny County Bar Foundation, Fellow (Class of 2009), Sustaining Fellow (Class of 2013), Patron Fellow (Class of 2016)
- Daughters of the American Revolution, Kanawha County WV Chapter, Member
Katie grew up in Delaware but met her husband in law school and has been in Pittsburgh since 1995. After many years in Squirrel Hill, she now lives in Fox Chapel with her husband and two children. She volunteers at her children’s schools, is volunteer coordinator for the Killer Whales Swim Team and is active with the Flying Fish Heads Masters Swim Team.