Michael Monyok focuses his practice on intellectual property matters and represents startups to large public companies in all aspects of intellectual property procurement, management, licensing, and litigation. Michael’s work includes prosecuting domestic and foreign patent applications, obtaining trademark registrations, registering copyrights, and helping clients protect their trade secrets. He counsels clients on cybersecurity threats and data protection, and conducts cyber security audits and provides guidance on regulatory issues. Michael also assists startups and emerging businesses navigate the complex legal issues that often face new ventures.
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- The Q. Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association, Member
- Three Rivers Venture Fair, Coach’s Committee
- Penn State Venture and IP Conference, Coach’s Committee
- Carnegie Mellon University Venture Challenge, Judge
Michael is a native Pittsburgher and currently resides in Sewickley with his wife and children. As a former swimmer and captain of his college swim team, Michael can be found in the local pool teaching his kids when he is not immersed with the latest inventions.