New Ventures & Entrepreneurs
Ideas, energy and passion provide the base for any business. MUSolutions works to help you keep it on solid ground. Entrepreneurs, new ventures and even companies in the mid-growth phase often struggle with the issue of “what next?” And typically the “what next” questions are integrally tied to business operations, legal needs and requirements.
Our goal is to provide value to your company and to help you launch and grow. We do that by helping you navigate the numerous legal challenges involved in transforming your idea into a viable company. We also recognize that no matter what business that you’re in and no matter what stage of growth that you’re in – from entrepreneur to a company that has gone public – your business needs and the legal challenges inherent to that stage are ever-changing. If strategic advice, guidance and practical legal advice is what you, and your company needs, MUSolutions has the legal experience to guide you through any issue.
To support the needs and interests of our clients, our team draws from decades of experience in areas such as:
- Entity formation and related issues
- Corporate transactions, counseling and advice
- Intellectual property – patents, trademarks, trade secrets and copyrights
- Employment counseling, agreements, benefits and compensation
- Tax planning
- Real estate leasing, acquisition and disposition
- Business immigration issues
- Business litigation
One of the toughest issues facing any entrepreneur with an idea or start-up is the costs, including the legal fees. We recognize that and have adjusted our fee structure for start-ups to deal with that issue. Why do we do that? Because we want to help you succeed and be able to grow with you from the beginning.
How can we help you get started? We deal with entity formation, shareholder and operating agreements, partnership and joint venture issues, trademark issues and financing efforts, which are some of the primary challenges that any start-up faces. We also provide basic business counseling and practical legal advice on all your other business related needs. Sometimes those issues involve taxes, immigration, real estate or employment – if so, we have it covered.
Established and Expanding
Your company is growing, but where to go next? With your company focused on growing revenues, a myriad of issues may surface. We often see companies in the growth stage regularly dealing with matters related to technology, employment, real estate, corporate, financing and tax issues. Maybe you want to acquire a company or merge with another. It could be that you want to create a joint venture or partnership. These are issues that are part of the process of growing up. MUSolutions can assist in any aspect of the expansion phase. We strive to help you arrive at innovative, alternative and cost-saving solutions for any phase that your company is in.
What Next and Exit
You’ve done it – you’ve created a company that attracts an outside buyer and are interested in an exit plan. We help owners and management with their “what next” and exit strategies, which may include sales, reorganizations, refinancing, mergers, acquisitions and security matters. You could be dealing with intellectual property acquisition or a real estate acquisition or disposition. Because our industry experience is broad, we’re well versed in assisting clients in virtually any service- or goods-related industry, as well as providing a solution that aligns with our clients’ objectives.
- Represented local start-up in connection with the preparation and review of offering materials for a “friends and family” capital raise including preparation and filing of state securities notices and disclosures.
- Represented a year old Pennsylvania limited liability company in connection with a merger with a newly formed Delaware corporation to provide the start-up with the corporate structure to offer securities to new investors, including friends and family members.
- Counseled a CEO in computer software gaming on matters related to executive employment agreement issues and compensation strategies.
- Advised a medical device company with respect to organizational structure and product distribution.
- Counseled a Pittsburgh-based IT start-up company with respect to entity formation and board governance documentation.
- Represent clients in trademark actions, including infringement cases and opposition and cancellation proceedings before the Patent and Trademark Office.
- Assisted non-profit entrepreneurs secure section 7(a) small business loan funding from the SBA.
- Assisted for profit and non-profit entities with the acquisition of real estate.
The MUSolutions Team: