Robert Hanlon, Jr. is a member of the firm’s Real Estate & Lending Group, working primarily in the areas of real estate acquisition and development, commercial lending, residential lending, commercial leasing, tax assessment appeals, and municipal zoning. Rob’s residential real estate practice focuses on serving private banking customers of small, mid-size, and large banking institutions. Mr. Hanlon coordinates the firm’s title agencies with several nationally known underwriters conducting closings in Pennsylvania, West Virginia, and Ohio. Rob has successfully assisted residential and commercial developers in their acquisition efforts, lending requirements, and construction projects.
Rob has represented lenders in numerous bridge loan transactions involving such programs as, Low Income Housing Tax Credits (LIHTC), New Market Tax Credits (NMTC) and Historic Tax Credits (HTC), as well as such state and local grant programs involving the Redevelopment Assistance Capital Program (RACP), the Pittsburgh Development Fund (PDF), and the Urban Development Fund (UDF). All such loan and grant programs requiring an understanding of the critical involvement of neighborhood organizations, city and county housing, and redevelopment authorities, as well as state and federal agencies.
- Allegheny County, Pennsylvania, and Ohio Bar Associations, Member
- Pennsylvania Bar Association, Legal Services to Persons with Disabilities Committee, Member
- National Civil War Museum (NCWM) in Harrisburg, Board of Directors
- Member of Executive Committee and History & Exhibits Committee
- Advisory Council, Chairperson
- Hidden Valley Resort Community’s Architectural Control Committee
- Awarded a Certificate of Training (11/28/17) for completing the Community Emergency Response Team (CERT) program sponsored by Pittsburgh Emergency Management and Homeland Security in conjunction with the Jewish Federation of Greater Pittsburgh.
- Awarded a Certificate of Completion (5/22/18) for induction into the Citizens’ Police Academy, Class 2018-01, presented by the Department of Public Safety Bureau of Police.
Following completion of his Master’s Degree, Rob was employed for twelve years as a Regional Planner on the staff of the Southwestern Pennsylvania Regional Planning Commission (SPRPC). As a Regional Planner, he was involved in a variety of planning activities including environmental, water quality, transportation, and aviation planning programs, as well as land use and zoning projects. While employed as a Regional Planner on the staff of the SPRPC, Rob prepared the Airport Zoning Regulations for the 17 public airports in the six-county southwestern Pennsylvania Region and presented a paper on airport zoning at the Sixth Annual Pennsylvania Aviation Conference.
Activities / Hobbies
Rob enjoys golfing, renovating residential investment properties, target shooting, and collecting military weapons. He is licensed by the Department of Justice, Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms as a “Collector of Curios and Relics.”