Michael Monyok focuses his practice on intellectual property matters and represents startups to large public companies in all aspects of intellectual property procurement, management, licensing, and litigation. Michael’s intellectual property work has included a range of technical subjects, including machine-vision guidance systems, human/computer interaction, robotics, data processing, and nano-materials. In addition to his intellectual property work, Michael assists startups and emerging businesses navigate the complex legal issues that often face new ventures, from entity creation to a successful exit. Further, with a technological background, Michael is also a valuable asset to his clients in cybersecurity matters.
- Pittsburgh Intellectual Property Law Association, Member
- The Q. Todd Dickinson Intellectual Property American Inn of Court, Barrister
- Pittsburgh Venture Capital Association, Member
- Three Rivers Venture Fair, Coach’s Committee
- Penn State Venture and IP Conference, Coach’s Committee
- Carnegie Mellon University Venture Challenge, Judge
Michael is a native Pittsburgher and currently resides in Sewickley with his wife and children. As a former swimmer and captain of his college swim team, Michael can be found at the local YMCA volunteering with his kids’ swim team when he is not immersed with the latest inventions.