Meyer, Unkovic & Scott’s Employment Law Group actively represents clients faced with employment related disputes ranging from discrimination and harassment claims, wage and hour claims, disputes related to employment agreements and non-compete agreements. We guide clients through the administrative process of claims filed with various governmental agencies such as the Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Pennsylvania Human Relations Commission, Pittsburgh Commission on Human Relations and the Department of Labor and vigorously represent our clients with litigation claims filed in Federal and State Courts.
Examples of our attorneys’ employment law work on behalf of clients include:
- Compliance with Employment Laws and Regulations
- Harassment, discrimination and wrongful discharge claims
- Pension and profit sharing plans
- Claims before governmental agencies
- ERISA and other employee benefits matters
- Drafting and reviewing employment agreements, non-compete agreements and other restrictive covenants
- Drafting employee handbooks and policies
The attorneys in the Employment Law & Employee Benefits Group possess a broad range of practice capabilities and experience, including the following:
- Employee Claims & Litigation
- Claims Avoidance & Compliance Assistance
- Welfare Benefit Plans
- Pension & Profit Sharing
We actively counsel clients on compliance with the various employment laws such as Equal Employment Opportunity laws, the Americans with Disabilities Act, the Fair Labor Standards Act, Pennsylvania Minimum Wage Act, WARN Act, Family and Medical Leave Act, ERISA, Pennsylvania Human Relations Act, Title VII, Age Discrimination in Employment Act, Pennsylvania Wage Payment and Collection Law, and unemployment matters.
The Employment Group drafts and reviews employment contracts, non-compete agreements and employee handbooks. The Employment Group focuses on keeping employers up-to-date on changes in employment laws and often presents supervisory training seminars regarding compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws and prevention of harassment and discrimination claims.